Scheduled Email Reports For WooCommerce
Thank you for purchasing the Scheduled Email Reports for WooCommerce plugin. This brief manual will guide you through installing and using the plugin.
- Login to your WordPress Admin and select "Plugins" > "Add New" in the left sidebar menu.
- Click "Upload Plugin" at the top of the page.
- Select the plugin ZIP file and click "Install Now".
- Click "Activate Plugin".
- You should automatically be redirected to the plugin's activation page. If you are not, click the "About & License" link below the plugin's name in the Plugins list.
- Enter your license key, which was displayed after checkout and sent to you by email
- Click "Activate". The plugin is now installed and ready for use. Please note that you must also have the WooCommerce plugin and one or more compatible reporting plugins installed and activated for the Scheduled Email Reports plugin to function. Compatible Reporting Plugins Plugin Product Sales Report 1.4.1 Product Sales Report Pro 1.5.4 Export Order Items 1.0.4 Export Order Items Pro 1.0.8 For an up-to-date list, please visit https://wpzone.co/product/scheduled-email-reports-for-woocommerce/
Scheduling Report Emails
In your WordPress Admin, select "WooCommerce" > "Scheduled Email Reports" from the left sidebar menu.
Click "Add New".
Enter a title (for your reference only).
Optionally, customize the email body. The shortcodes [start] and [end] will be replaced with the start and end dates of the report date range, respectively.
Set the scheduled email report options:
- Recipient(s): The email address(es) to send the email to. If sending to multiple email addresses, separate them with commas.
- Subject line: The subject line of the email. The shortcodes [start] and [end] will be replaced with the start and end dates of the report date range, respectively.
- Email heading: The heading shown at the top of the email body.
- Schedule: Define the recurring dates and times on which to send the report email.
- Data interval: Specify how far back the report should go in days, months, or years.
- Include reports: Select which report presets to include.
Click "Save" (near the top right of the page) to save your settings and schedule the report. Alternatively, click "Save & Send Now" to save your settings and send a report email immediately.
Including HTML report in email body
- Adding the
[reports]shortcode to an email body will cause all HTML and HTML (enhanced) format reports to be included in the email body at that point, and not be attached
- Any non HTML format reports will still be attached
- There is a new setting, Appearance > Inline report table width. This can be set either to 100% (default) or a number. If it is set to a number, then the repot body is that width in pixels (do not include "px" or any other unit suffix). This is useful for reports with lots of columns since the default width may be too small.
- The reports embedded into the email body will not include user-specified styling, and HTML (enhanced) format reports will not include interactive features in the email (they will be inserted as a regular table)
[reports]shortcode is available since 1.0.15 version
Technical Information Regarding Scheduling
This plugin uses the WP-Cron functionality built into WordPress to schedule reports. By default, the scheduler is only triggered when someone visits your site. This means that low traffic sites may experience delays in reports being sent. If you are experiencing delayed reports, you have two options: Use a web-based scheduling service Use a service such as cron-job.org or EasyCron to trigger the scheduler at regular intervals (e.g. every 15 minutes - not the same as your report's frequency). Specify the following URL to execute:
[URL of your WordPress site]/wp-cron.php?doing_wp_cron Create a cronjob on your server See the following tutorials for instructions:
- If you have cPanel:
- If you have shell access: https://easyengine.io/tutorials/wordpress/wp-cron-crontab/
Additional Information and Support
For general WordPress information – wordpress.org. For WooCommerce plugin information WooCommerce.
Plugin includes automatic updates and one year of support. If you do run into problems with plugin, our team of dedicated support staff is ready to help. Here are some steps you can take to speed up the troubleshooting procedure: before contacting support. If you don’t find what you need there, Contact Us for help.
Plugin code is licensed under GNU General Public License version 3 or later (available at https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html).
Documentation © 2022 WP Zone. All Rights Reserved.