**Post Updated 7/26/2018**
We have enjoyed learning, exchanging and sharing together, and have loved fostering such as strong sense of community between Divi users, both through the private Facebook groups, during the Divi Space webinars and in the course itself. We’ve loved the learning process so much that we’ve already prepared a second online course. Production is already underway, with course content and structures already in production. Divi Space’s second online course, the Creating Custom Modules for Divi online course, will release in the next few months. Until such time, Divi Space will open up enrollment for one final intake of students for the Transforming Divi with CSS and jQuery online course. The fourth and final enrollment for the Transforming Divi with CSS and jQuery online course will begin on the 1st of September 2018. After this final intake, we will be changing the course structure around in order to focus on our second online course for Divi. If you’d like to:
- Learn the ins and outs of the Divi theme,
- Supercharge your Divi designs with CSS and jQuery,
- Gain the confidence to troubleshoot problems and research solutions should they arise,
- Join a supportive, engaging community of peer Divi developers,
- Learn from the best in the business, the Divi Space founder himself, SJ James,
… then enroll for the fourth and final intake of the Transforming Divi with CSS and jQuery online course now.
Remember, this is the final run of the course where SJ James and David Blackmon will be as hands-on with student communication, so if you’d like to learn together with us, take advantage of this amazing opportunity to learn CSS and jQuery from leading Divi developers.
New Course Features
Our first intake of over 600 learners have been loving the course so far! They’ve been kind enough to share their feedback, which we’ve taken into account.
With this, we’ve made some changes to the coursework to help our learners even more.
- New assignments to add extra challenges for our learners and keep them on track,
- More questions and advanced quizzes for stronger comprehension of the course content,
- Weekly webinars embedded directly into the course interface to make sure our learners can access them easily,
- An incredible private support group filled with awesome and encouraging peer students ready to offer help and assistance.
Here is what some of our students are saying!
Transforming Divi and CSS & jQuery is a course from Stephen James that helps you build that knowledge. In this course, he teaches the fundamentals of CSS and jQuery as applied to Divi and shows how to build powerful websites with new custom features and visuals. He provides a step by step process of building a website from start to finish.
The course is divided into 4 modules with 17 lessons, providing around 14 hours of training. It takes you from a beginner level to a skilled knowledge of writing your own code in both languages. It goes from an introduction to CSS to manipulating HTML elements with jQuery and creating custom triggers for them.
When you complete this course you’ll have a functioning knowledge of Divi, CSS, and jQuery, and be able to create your own child themes and layouts. You’ll also know how to take code snippets from code libraries and using them in your own projects.
The course will show:
- Create CSS and jQuery ready child themes.
- How to write the CSS and jQuery that goes into those child themes.
- How to move, hide, replace, and customize objects- including objects on template pages that you don’t have access to in the WordPress backend.
- How to use the Divi Builder any way you want including in the menu, theme pages, WooCommerce, etc.
- How to make sweeping changes to Divi’s default styles using CSS within your child themes.
- How to reverse engineer the effects from one of the world’s top websites and learn how to apply those effects to your own projects with Divi.
The course uses video, text, webinars, quizzes, has lifetime access to current and future materials, and lots of help such as a private Facebook group, live Q&A’s, and direct support. All of the code will be available to download both as a child theme and a plugin. It includes an exclusive cheat-sheet with 20 complete functions that are ready to use and customize for your own projects.
The Benefits of Learning CSS and jQuery
Facebook groups and similar platforms are great for getting help, but they’re not a long-term solution. If you learn CSS and jQuery you won’t have to beg experienced users for help and you won’t have to settle for stripped down versions of the designs you want to create.
You’ll improve your skill-set, making you a better developer and designer, and change the way you look at the limitations of Divi. This knowledge and experience will help you land better clients and projects, charge higher fees, and grow your business. You’ll have a better understanding of how other websites accomplish their designs.
It will pay for itself:
- The first time you’re able to say yes to a project you would have had to say no to because you didn’t have the skills.
- The first time you create a function that would have required you to hire a developer or purchase a premium plugin.
If you follow the lessons of this course, watch the videos, download the resources, and follow the practical sessions, you’ll know how to write your own CSS and jQuery by the end of the course.
This Course is For…
- The budding web designer or developer who finds Divi’s built-in design options only get them so far.
- The entrepreneur or small business owner who’s trying to create a beautiful site but they’re limited by their knowledge of code.
- Anyone who’s skill-set is keeping them from getting the designs from their imagination to the screen.
- Anyone who’s tired of being shown the code that will fix their problems but none of it makes sense.
You will have to put in the time to learn the material, follow the practical examples, but it will be worth it if you want to become better at your job.
About the Teacher
Stephen J. James, a self-taught WordPress developer and founder of Divi.Space, teaches this course from his own experience with developing for WordPress. SJ is one of the leading developers in the Divi community. His goal is to get you to the point of coding knowledge in just a few short weeks that took him years to learn on his own.
Even though he can code and build website by hand from scratch, SJ still starts his projects with Divi. Why? It’s well developed, fast, secure, and there isn’t much he can’t do with Divi. Divi gets him 90% there. No theme or platform can get everyone 100% of what they need for their website. This means that at some point you’re going to need to code- and that’s why SJ created this course.
See more information and join the course by visiting the Transforming Divi with CSS & JQuery page.
The course will reopen on June 15th, 2018. Register now to secure your spot!
Is this training included in the Lifetime Membership option; I read somewhere that all training was included with that membership package but now can’t find that mentioned anywhere?
Hello, yes the course is available to Lifetime members and we sent an email out with access details for when the course opens on May 1st. If you can’t locate this email please email us at [email protected] and we will get you all sorted.
Hello, is this a pre recorded class? Or do I have to be on the spot on May 1?
Hello, it is a pre-recorded class that is released over a period of 4 weeks. Even after the 4 week timeframe the students will still have full access to the course content.